The Trefeddian Hotel welcomes people with disabilities and has developed this access statement to make your stay with us as enjoyable as possible.
We understand that everyone's needs are different, if you are concerned in any way that a particular aspect has not been addressed, please do not hesitate to contact us.
On Arrival at the Trefeddian
· Approaching the Trefeddian from Aberdyfi the drive is 230 metres long, with an incline which some may find difficult
· Five Disabled Parking Bays are available by a side entrance to the hotel
· Further parking is accessible by a flat gentle slope
· A waiting area by the front door is available to drop off luggage or passengers
· A porterage service is available for help with luggage
· If arriving by train we can order a taxi for guests with advance notice
· The Front door is not automated, if assistance is required reception staff will be willing to help. There is a door bell available for guests who require assistance
· A small slope leads to both the front and the side door to the hotel
· The reception desk may be too high for those in a wheel chair, if this is the case an alternative table is provided
· We have a hearing loop at reception
The Ground Floor
· Most of the ground floor is on one level, including the bar, reception, three lounges and the dining room
· There is a steep ramp leading to the games room and television lounge which is on one level
· The bar may be too high for those in a wheel chair, if this is the case a waiter service will be offered
· Our disabled toilet is situated on the ground floor. Drop down bars are on either side of the toilet, it has a low level sink and an emergency pull cord
· Lounges and corridors on the ground floor are well lit with good colour contrast
· One lift runs to all floors. The lift has raised buttons and audio announcements.
· A banister runs all the way up the stairs to each floor on the right hand side of the stairs
· Corridors have good colour contrast and are well lit
· All bedrooms are on one level
· Balconies are not easily accessible to wheelchair users
· Bedroom lighting is of different light levels
· Non-feather pillows are available on request
· A raised toilet seat or commode is available upon request
· Some Bathrooms have separate shower/bath and the showers have a very low lip for easy access
· Bathroom Stools are available upon request for use in a shower
· There is a shared fridge on each floor of the hotel for storage of medication
· All bedrooms have a flat screen television with both audio description and subtitles
· The hotel has a set evacuation procedure. The fire alarm signal is continuous however audio only. Every bedroom is provided with a door alert sign for those that may need assistance in an emergency situation and we have evacuation chairs on each floor
· The hotel has one room with a purpose built disabled access bathroom. This comprises of a wheelchair accessible shower with ramp, fixed chair and half screen partition. There are grab rails on either side of the basin which has leaver taps for ease of use. Drop down bars are on either side of the toilet and there is a draw cord alarm system which alerts occupants in the bedroom
The Dining Room
· Most diets can be catered for by prior arrangement
· A table near the door in the dining room can be arranged for easy access
· Chairs are non fixed in the dining room
· Chairs with arms are available in the dining room
· A large print menu is available on request
· There is a mixture of natural and artificial light throughout the dining room
· The hotel has one wheel chair and with prior notice, can obtain a further wheelchair to be on site
· Guide dogs are welcome by prior arrangement (except in superior rooms on the fourth floor)
· The Tennis Court & Outdoor Play Area has steep steps followed by a steep path leading to it
· The top lawn is easily accessible and we have a ramp for wheelchair users
· Reception is manned 24 hours a day
· Room service is available to any guests wishing to have meals in their bedrooms
· The hotel has no signs or literature in Braille
· The swimming pool is only accessible via a steep path
For many decades the hotel has successfully looked after regular customers with various disabilities. We would appreciate your feedback that could be added to our Access Statement in order to assist others in deciding as to whether the hotel may or may not be suitable for their needs.
Caroline Cave, Director
For special occasions......we have a special superior room which features a four-poster bed and panoramic views from the private balcony!
Treat your loved one and pre order a bottle of champagne or prosecco to be put in your room for arrival.
Unwind with a treatment at our in house Salon with a massage, manicure, facial and other pampering treatments.
Call 01654 767 213 for more details